Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 17 – July 23, 2017):
My first full week back home went well. I focused on getting in daily exercise and closing all three rings on my Apple Watch rather than getting in steps. It is a more rounded approach to my health – making sure I burn active calories rather than just move. I also ate well all but one day, when I had an awesome 1,000+ calorie burger and two martinis. Overall, I lost 1.4 lbs of the 7 lbs I gained this month on vacation. It’s a slow start, but I’m moving in the right direction!
Monday: 75 minutes yoga + 38 minutes walking, 11,947 steps/day
Tuesday: 54 minutes walking, 11,013 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 50 minutes walking, 12,401 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 54 minutes walking, 11,547 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 60 minutes yoga, 6,038 steps/day
Saturday: 64 minutes walking, 13,175 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 51 minutes walking, 11,790 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Get in some 5Ks and yoga as best I can – 7 5Ks & 2 yoga classes for July
- Have fun! – yep!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.