Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (June 26 – July 2, 2017):
We left on vacation June 28th and I’m still gone. Although I am getting some walking in, I’m eating and drinking about double my daily calories. Oh well! It’s vacation!
Monday: 70 minutes yoga + 35 minutes walk, 10,372 steps/day
Tuesday: 35 minutes walk, 11,438 steps/day
Wednesday: no exercise – 12 hour car trip, 6,762 steps/day
Thursday: 50 minutes walk, 10,594 steps/day
Friday: 38 minutes walk, 16,026 steps/day
Saturday: 32 minutes walk, 16,007 steps/day
Sunday: 37 minutes walk, 13,516 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 3/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 6/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of June – 9 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of June – 6 for month
With my travels over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to make July a little less rigid with my goals. In general I want to:
- Walk 10,000 steps per day
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app
- Get in some 5Ks and yoga as best I can
- Have fun!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.