Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The August Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 14 – August 20, 2017):
Well… my sister and family were in town and that lead to lots of eating out and taking in the yummy foods of New England. Weight was up.
Monday: 57 minutes yoga + 55 minutes walking, 12,128 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: 12 minutes walking, 6,233 steps/day
Wednesday: 51 minutes walking, 12,804 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 52 minutes walking, 13,586 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 59 minutes yoga + 35 minutes walking, 11,926 steps/day
Saturday: 34 minutes walking, 12,001 steps/day
Sunday: 49 minutes walking, 12,545 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Get in some 5ks and yoga – at least one per week – 11 5ks + 6 yoga classes for August
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
- Have fun! – check!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.