Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The August Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 7 – August 13, 2017):
More of the same. Working out a good amount, eating more than I should (apparently), and not losing weight. I’m good with this pattern until after Labor Day. Then I have to see if I can take off these extra 5 pounds. But it was a fun week – both kids were gone to an overnight camp (first time!), so hubs and I took advantage. We went out for fine dining on Sunday; to North End (Boston) for Italian and Mike’s Pastries on Tuesday; and out with friends for surf-n-turf on Thursday. So… I can see why I didn’t lose any weight!
Monday: 72 minutes yoga + 52 minutes walking, 10,836 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: 62 minutes walking, 16,443 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 55 minutes walking, 14,775 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 62 minutes yoga + 50 minutes walking, 9,864 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 34 minutes walking, 13,273 steps/day
Saturday: 51 minutes walking, 12,996 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 32 minutes walking, 14,560 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Get in some 5ks and yoga – at least one per week – 7 5ks + 4 yoga classes for August
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
- Have fun! – check!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.