Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The August Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 24 – July 30, 2017):
I continue to do well on the activity side of my healthy living. I managed to close all three Apple Watch rings (burn active calories, exercise 30 minutes, move during 12 hours each day) every day this week! However, on the food consumption side of things, I didn’t do as well. I did make better choices than when I was on vacation. And honestly, if I was at my goal weight, I would have been happy with my dietary selection. But when I’m trying to lose the weight I gained last month… they are not as good choices. I ended up being down 0.2 lbs, but I had been down over a pound during the week before going back up.
Monday: 35 minutes elliptical, 8,487 steps/day
Tuesday: 62 minutes yoga + 35 minutes walking, 10,200 steps/day
Wednesday: 36 minutes walking, 16,416 steps/day
Thursday: 40 minutes walking + 34 minutes walking, 14,419 steps/day
Friday: 58 minutes yoga + 46 minutes walking, 11,574 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: 51 minutes walking + 22 minutes walking, 13,369 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 70 minutes walking, 13,894 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Get in some 5ks and yoga as best I can – 10 5ks & 4 yoga classes for July
- Have fun! – yep!
Goals for August:
I like focusing on closing the all three Apple Watch rings, so I will continue to make an effort in that department, as well as get in my yoga classes with my walks. Notice I’ve moved down the importance of getting in the 10,000 steps because I want to focus more on active calories than just getting in steps.
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app
- Get in some 5ks and yoga – at least one per week
- Walk 10,000 steps per day
- Have fun!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.