Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (September 11 – September 17, 2017):
I’m writing this on Monday, and my fitness tracking week just ended yesterday. I just finished a pretty good week “on paper,” but my weight actually went up a bit this week. I’m feeling a bit down and frustrated, but won’t let it stop me. I think I’ve finally hit that age when my metabolism just doesn’t want to work with me any longer. Even a year ago, I was able to have a week like this last one and lose or be around my goal weight. Now… I’m up about 6 pounds and not losing. I’ll give it time and reevaluate. It may just take me longer now, or I may need to change something in my diet and/or exercise. We’ll see.
Monday: 60 minutes yoga + 32 minutes walking, 10,086 steps/day
Tuesday: 48 minutes walking, 11,908 steps/day
Wednesday: 40 minutes walking, 11,006 steps/day
Thursday: 49 minutes walking, 12,167 steps/day
Friday: 60 minutes yoga, 6,438 steps/day
Saturday: 54 minutes walking, 13,184 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 55 minutes walking, 13,522 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – fail! (but better than last 2 weeks) 1,000 extra calories.
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 8 5ks + 5 yoga classes for September
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.