Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 21 – August 27, 2017):
Not much to report. Continued my same routines – did great with the exercise; eating too much; maintaining weight at plus five pounds over goal. I clearly need to adjust my goals for September if I want to lose weight. Seems like too much effort right now. *sigh*
Monday: 75 minutes yoga + 39 minutes walking, 10,816 steps/day
Tuesday: 35 minutes walking, 16,225 steps/day
Wednesday: 48 minutes walking, 12,227 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 60 minutes yoga + 31 minutes walking, 11,439 steps/day
Friday: 58 minutes walking, 12,778 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: 59 minutes walking, 12,311 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 37 minutes walking, 12,008 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Get in some 5ks and yoga – at least one per week – 14 5ks + 8 yoga classes for August
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 7/7
- Have fun! – check!
As I mentioned, I’m doing pretty good on the workout end, but if I truly want to lose that extra weight, I need to clamp down on the extra calories. I’m hoping now that the kids are back in school and I’m going back to work that I can do a better job.
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week
- Walk 10,000 steps per day
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.