Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (September 4 – September 10, 2017):
We are back to school and work, and I’m at the point where I don’t know if I’m coming or going. Everything seems like a blur, and I’m just living day-to-day, making sure we all get where we need. It was also Labor Day (US holiday) at the beginning of my workout week, and we went to a big cookout and ate lots of yummy foods. I liked getting back into a routine, but I did not like having no time for myself. I overate, but my weight plateaued.
Monday: 71 minutes yoga + 51 minutes walking, 10,620 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: 46 minutes walking, 10,771 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 39 minutes walking, 11,257 steps/day
Thursday: 58 minutes yoga + 49 minutes walking, 12,959 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 42 minutes walking, 11,182 steps/day
Saturday: 55 minutes walking, 10,633 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 36 minutes walking, 10,442 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – fail! 2,200 extra calories.
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 6 5ks + 3 yoga classes for September
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 7/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.