Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
Be sure to stop back on Sunday to Commit to being Fit for October!
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (September 18 – September 24, 2017):
Okay. Progress. I worked VERY HARD last week, trying to meet all of my weekly goals. At my weigh-in today (Monday 9/25), I was down just over a pound, which is my lowest weight in a month. *breathe in — breathe out* I just need to keep going, and see what happens. I’m a bit worried because my parents are coming to visit for a week. Hopefully I stick with my plan.
Monday: 74 minutes yoga + 51 minutes walking, 13,064 steps/day
Tuesday: 56 minutes walking, 12,934 steps/day
Wednesday: 46 minutes walking, 11,780 steps/day
Thursday: 58 minutes yoga, 40 minutes walking, 12,167 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 3,345 steps/day *didn’t have watch on for several hours
Saturday: off and on walking all day, 12,319 steps/day
Sunday: 61 minutes walking, 12,224 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – YES! under by allowance by 350 cals.
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 9 5ks + 7 yoga classes for September
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.