Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 28 – September 3, 2017):
Last week was the final week of my summer vacation and the kids went back to school. I kept up my workout schedule for the most part, and mid-week started my new effort for caloric reduction. Overall, I wasn’t very successful. I was over 2,200 calories for the week. Mostly due to a GNO to Margaritas and a long week, which lead to more junk eating. My weight was up 0.5 lbs for the week, and I’m still over 5 lbs above my goal weight. Next week (this week), I head back to work, so hopefully some routine will help me. I also plugged in my Apple Watch to charge on Sunday and then forgot to put it back on, so I didn’t close rings that day.
Monday: 35 minutes walking, 12,060 steps/day
Tuesday: 57 minutes yoga + 35 minutes walking, 10,220 steps/day
Wednesday: 74 minutes walking (2 walks), 14,733 steps/day
Thursday: 44 minutes walking, 9,476 steps/day
Friday: 59 minutes walking, 13,458 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: 51 minutes walking, 14,267 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 49 minutes walking, 10,103 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – fail! over 2,200 extra calories.
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 2 5ks + 1 yoga classes for September
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.