Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The October Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (October 2 – October 8, 2017):
The start of October was a good one. I did slow down a little with the exercise due to my schedule. These next few weeks are SOOOO busy, and I’ll do my best to reach my goals, but be happy with effort. I did a good job watching my caloric intake and was down another 0.5 lbs last week. I’m at my lowest weight in three months, which makes me feel better both physically and mentally. How was your week?
Monday: 60 minutes yoga + 38 minutes walking, 12,880 steps/day
Tuesday: 37 minutes walking, 12,055 steps/day
Wednesday: 31 minutes walking, 10,482 steps/day
Thursday: 35 minutes walking, 12,165 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 4,188 steps/day
Saturday: 30 minutes dedicated walking + lots more walking, 17,887 steps/day
Sunday: 66 minutes walking, 12,315 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – success!
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 1 5ks and 1 yoga classes
- Walk 10,000 steps per day -6/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.