Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The October Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (October 9 – October 15, 2017):
Well… Let’s just say I am having fun and leave it at that, shall we? First, it was my son’s 14th birthday. Then, my dear friend, Liza, came to visit last week, arriving late on October 11, and heading home on October 17th. We did all sorts of awesome things like walk coast and enjoy a lobster roll in Maine, attend the Fall in Love with New England romance conference in Manchester, NH, go leaf peeping and have lunch with Shannon Stacey, and take one of the famous Duck Boat Tours in Boston. The whole trip was peppered with great food and drink. And while we did get our walks in, I ate a lot of extra calories. It’s a bit frustrating that one “bad” week undid the hard work over three weeks. It just doesn’t seem fair!
Monday: 60 minutes yoga + 15 minutes elliptical, 10,100 steps/day
Tuesday: 48 minutes walking, 11,032 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 48 minutes walking, 12,112 steps/day
Thursday: 40 minutes sightseeing/walking + 20 minutes walking, 14,841 steps/day
Friday: 47 minutes walking, 14,454 steps/day
Saturday: 47 minutes walking, 11,652 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: no exercise, 10,290 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – FAIL (in a big way)!
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 3 5ks and 2 yoga classes
- Walk 10,000 steps per day -7/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.