Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The October Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below! (I’ve stopped doing Linky’s since it wasn’t really being used. Just leave your name and link to any check-in posts–on any format–in the comments!)
Last Week (October 16 – October 22, 2017):
Last week was a mixed week. I was on a roll with exercise – planning to have a “perfect” week for Apple Fitness and steps; however, I dropped some book-shelving on my foot Sunday, and ended up taking the day off from walking/exercise. It’s fine now, but it did hurt on Sunday. I failed at getting to yoga classes this week – that’s the first time in a while that I’ve missed my goal there. As for eating, Liza was here Monday – Tuesday, and I ate out more than usual. I also went out for dinner on Friday with my husband and ate a TON of food. So I was over my weekly totals by over 2,000 calories! That was still better than the previous week, and I’m doing better this week so far.
I’m feeling a bit of the Fall Funk – darker mornings and evenings, changing weather… it’s weighing on my heart and mind, so I need to find a little extra motivation to get up and out these days.
Monday: 31 minutes walking, 10,917 steps/day
Tuesday: 52 minutes walking, 11,924 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 38 minutes walking, 10,970 steps/day
Thursday: 51 minutes walking, 11,891 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 34 minutes walking, 11,427 steps/day
Saturday: 35 minutes walking, 17,664 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 6,857 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – FAIL (in a big way)!
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 5 5ks and 2 yoga classes
- Walk 10,000 steps per day -6/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.