Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The October Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (September 25 – October 1, 2017):
Well, even with my parents’ visit and a big meal or two, I worked hard again last week. I ended up with another weight loss – just over a pound! I’m feeling much better and glad to know that with a little extra work, I can take off the weight. Let’s see if I can do it for a third week!
Wrapping up September, I did a pretty good job meeting all of my weekly goals. I struggled most with the caloric intake, but doing much better than I did over the summer. I met my monthly goals for both yoga classes and walking 5ks.
Monday: 71 minutes yoga + 30 minutes walking, 10,287 steps/day
Tuesday: 51 minutes walking + 10 minutes elliptical, 11,192 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 33 minutes walking, 11,078 steps/day
Thursday: 56 minutes walking, 15,174 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 50 minutes walking (2 walks), 11,742 steps/day
Saturday: 65 minutes walking (2 walks), 11,654 steps/day
Sunday: 60 minutes walking, 14,382 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – No! over by 1,200 cals.
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 12 5ks + 8 yoga classes for September
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 7/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.