Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The November Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below! (I’ve stopped doing Linky’s since it wasn’t really being used. Just leave your name and link to any check-in posts–on any format–in the comments!)
Last Week (October 30 – November 5, 2017):
Well, I am still eating way too much. It’s a combination of big nights out – evenings when I don’t eat at home and have 1,000+ calories in one meal, Halloween Candy, and having a glass of wine/beer with dinner on some nights. Since I love my evenings out, and they aren’t all the time, I need to work extra hard on all the other days. And mentally, I know I feel so much better when I eat less. I’ve been sluggish the past two weeks, yet I can’t seem to stop myself from making poor choices. UGH. I did do well with exercise this past week.
Monday: 2 walks: 68 minutes walking, 15,360 steps/day
Tuesday: 30 minutes walking, 13,911 steps/day
Wednesday: 50 minutes walking, 14,769 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 60 minutes yoga + 40 minutes walking, 10,252 steps/day
Friday: 54 minutes walking, 12,379 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: 51 minutes walking, 15,109 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 44 minutes walking, 12,847 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – Fail! (2,900 calories over)
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 3 5ks + 1 yoga
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 7/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.