Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The November Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below! (I’ve stopped doing Linky’s since it wasn’t really being used. Just leave your name and link to any check-in posts–on any format–in the comments!)
Last Week (October 23 – October 29, 2017):
Hmmmm… Another mixed week, and I’m realizing I need to really think about my long-term health goals and lifestyle. The food/caloric intake issue isn’t going away or fixing itself. I see that a year ago, I was consuming quite a bit less calories (about 2,000 calories less per week), although I was eating similar foods. I weighted and maintained five pounds less. A month ago, I actively cut back my calories, and I was about 3 pounds less, and then my weight has crept back up over the past couple weeks because I’m eating more. I have to decide if I want to work hard at eating less on a continuous basis or if I’m happy at a different weight. I also need to figure out why I’m eating so much more – is it too much take out and on the fly eating? Did I change my meals in some way? I think there is truth in both of those statements. Now I have to figure out what I want to do about it.
Wrapping up October: I did great in the beginning and then finished in a not-as-good place. I started the month three pounds less than I ended the month. I missed a couple weeks of yoga and only got in 4 classes for the month. I did pretty good with exercise and step counts – getting in a number of 5k walks this past week.
Monday: 73 minutes yoga + 43 minutes walking, 10,109 steps/day
Tuesday: 49 minutes walking, 11,263 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 47 minutes walking, 12,387 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 60 minutes yoga + 47 minutes walking, 10,486 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 33 minutes walking, 13,224 steps/day
Saturday: 60 minutes walking, 16,254 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: no exercise, 7,500 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – FAIL (>2,500 calories)!
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 9 5ks and 4 yoga classes
- Walk 10,000 steps per day -6/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.