Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! I will be hosting the monthly commit to exercise posts and weekly check-ins for October, November, and December. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The December Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below! (I’ve stopped doing Linky’s since it wasn’t really being used. Just leave your name and link to any check-in posts–on any format–in the comments!)
Special Note: Changes for 2018
Dear #FitReader friends:
We’re are quickly approaching the end of another get-fit year! We both hope you have found inspiration, support, and motivation within the #FitReaders community.
As we look ahead to 2018, we are going to be making changes to better fit the current needs of our group. Felicia and Jen will continue to have monthly “Commit to Exercise” sign up posts on the first day of each month on both of their blogs. However, we are going to discontinue the weekly check-in posts that we’ve been hosting on Fridays. Instead, we will have check-ins in our Facebook Group, hoping to pull in more FitReaders into a discussion about our weeks. That doesn’t mean you all can’t have weekly posts. Jen plans to continue having weekly #FitReader posts because it helps her stay committed to her goals.
With that, we are looking to get feedback from you all on what you’d like out of our fitness group. What keeps you motivated during the day, week, year? What kind of weekly or monthly prompts (Facebook/Twitter) will help you stick to your goals? What can we do to keep you on track? Of course, our FB group will remain a place of discussion for everyone to pose questions, post successes, discuss challenges, etc.
We look forward to another great year ahead!
Get Fit, Stay Fit, #FitReaders
Felicia & Jen
Last Week (December 11 – December 17, 2017):
Eating lots. Gained some weight.
Monday: 61 minutes yoga + 21 minutes walking, 10,100 steps/day
Tuesday: 47 minutes walking, 12,271 steps/day
Wednesday: 61 minutes walking, 12,806 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 58 minutes yoga + 30 minutes walking, 10,238 steps/day
Friday: 48 minutes walking, 12,656 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: no exercise, 9,347 steps/day
Sunday: 49 minutes walking, 12,576 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – Fail! (3,700 calories over)
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 7 5ks + 6 yoga
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.