Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I will be hosting weekly check-ins here on Fridays during October through December. Just an FYI: My fitness week is Monday – Sunday, so my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The December Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
It is time to Commit to Exercise for December 2017! Whether you are just joining us, need to get back on the wagon, or continuing your monthly progress, now is the time to stand up and say “I’m in! I’m committed to getting up and moving!”
Let’s get this month started by adding your link down below. Add your name to the linky and leave a comment telling us what your goals are for December and how your week was in the comments. Note: you do not have to have a blog to participate. You can use any URL to sign up, including your Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, or Booklikes site. Please let me know if you have any problems signing up. NOTE: MR. LINKY is not working right now, so go ahead and commit by leaving your name and site (if you want) in the comment section, below.
If you have a weekly check-in blog post or put your updates on any social media site, please leave a link to your check-in posts in the comment section, below.
My Goals for December:
Since I’m still working to get my eating under control, I’m not changing anything for this month. My goals for December are:
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week
- Walk 10,000 steps per day
So are you ready to lace up your sneakers? Are you ready to up your commit to fit? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.
Last Week (November 20 – November 26, 2017):
Well… it was Thanksgiving and I had a week off of work. I ate a LOT. I did exercise a lot, too, which is why I only gained a pound this week.
Monday: 49 minutes walking + 74 minutes yoga, 11,564 steps/day
Tuesday: 55 minutes walking, 12,319 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 64 minutes yoga + 31 minutes walking, 10,604 steps/day
Thursday: 46 minutes walking, 13,484 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 41 minutes walking, 15,067 steps/day
Saturday: 62 minutes walking, 12,747 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 32 minutes Just Dance + 37 minutes walking, 11,097 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
November Goals & Wrap-Up:
How did I do last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – Fail! (4,000+ calories over)
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 13 5ks + 6 yoga
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 7/7
How did I do for the month?
Looking at the month, I was very successful with all of my goals, except my caloric intake. As of 11/27 (when I’m writing this), I have closed all three “rings” and exercised every day in November. That is a lot! I’m very excited about that… but the food thing, not so much. I was up and down with my weight – ending the month one pound heavier than when I started.
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.