Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 1 – January 7, 2018):
First week of the year and I’m trying to be more balanced than I was during December. Even with the kids home for two snow days last week, I was able to get in more exercise than the previous week. However, it did mess up my going to yoga class. I did better with my eating – still not where I should be, but much better than the previous two weeks.
Monday: no exercise, 4,913 steps/day
Tuesday: 52 minutes walking, 12,314 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 50 minutes walking, 12,223 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 57 minutes walking, 12,915 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: no exercise, 4,606 steps/day
Saturday: 40 minutes elliptical + 31 minutes walking, 14,699 steps/day
Sunday: 47 minutes walking, 14,933 steps/day
Goals for January:
Did I meet my goals last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – fail! 2,700 calories over
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month; at least one per week – 3 5ks and 0 yoga
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 5/7
So are you ready to lace up your sneakers? Are you ready to up your commit to fit? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.