Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 25 – December 31, 2017):
The last week of the year didn’t go well for me. First – holidays and traveling. Second – extremely cold weather – highs not going about 0F. I vegged and ate way too much. And with the weather conditions not improving for at least another week, I’m concerned about getting lazy.
Monday: no exercise, 6,550 steps/day
Tuesday: 66 minutes walking, 13,211 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 38 minutes walking, 12,418 steps/day
Thursday: no exercise, 6,817 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 4,209 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 4,575 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 6,498 steps/day
It was my worst week in many years!
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 2/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 2/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week – Fail! (6,500 calories over)
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 9 5ks + 7 yoga
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 2/7
My Goals for January:
I’ve really struggled the past several months with my eating. I need to focus on keeping my caloric intake within a healthy range. I also need to get back moving (it’s been vacation and it’s cold). My goals for January are:
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app
- Consume no more than 700 extra calories per week
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week
- Walk 10,000 steps per day
So are you ready to lace up your sneakers? Are you ready to up your commit to fit? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.