Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 12 – March 18, 2018):
Hmmm… I’m feeling okay about my fitness progress. Lots of snow meant less steps (but still lots of exercise); I even got my Apple Fitness 200% Movement Award for the first time (I doubled my goal for active calories burned) when I went downhill skiing all day with my daughter. But my eating isn’t great – between the Girl Scout cookies and a run-in with my kryptonite: Buffalo Chicken Dip. I was 1,000 calories over my weekly goal, leaving me at no weight loss for the week. Still struggling with water.
Monday: 64 minutes yoga + 28 minutes walking, 10,611 steps/day
Tuesday: 50 minutes shoveling, 8,558 steps/day
Wednesday: 42 minutes shoveling + 30 minutes walking, 10,720 steps/day
Thursday: 56 minutes yoga + 32 minutes walking, 12,502 steps/day
Friday: 38 minutes walking, 11,110 steps/day
Saturday: 4 hours downhill skiing, 9,028 steps/day
Sunday: 52 minutes walking, 13,747 steps/day – 5k finished
Goals for March:
Did I meet my goals last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – fail! (1,000 cals over)
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 6 5ks and 4 yoga
- No more than 2 alcoholic beverages per week-and only on one day – good
- Drink 50 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 1/7 ?
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 5/7
So are you ready to lace up your sneakers? Are you ready to up your commit to fit? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.