Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 2 – April 8, 2018):
Coming into April, I was feeling a bit frustrated, not necessarily because of my progress, but because I wasn’t sticking with my goals and plan. But I did much better this first week of the new quarter. I stuck pretty close to my nutrition goals, only a couple hundred calories over my limit, and I did much better drinking and tracking my water this week. I’m making more of an effort to have the water in my hand/near me, especially when working, and it seems to help. The scale showed a positive movement for my efforts, down over 2 lbs from my high of the month last Monday.
Monday: 60 minutes yoga + 41 minutes walking, 12,318 steps/day
Tuesday: 32 minutes walking, 12,131 steps/day
Wednesday: 48 minutes walking, 11,724 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 52 minutes walking, 13,803 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: 60 minutes yoga, 5,411 steps/day
Saturday: 68 minutes walking, 14,586 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 43 minutes walking, 12,411 steps/day
Goals for April:
Did I meet my goals last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – so close (237 cal over)!
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 3 5ks + 2 yoga
- No more than 2 alcoholic beverages per week-and only on one day – success!
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 6/7
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
So are you ready to lace up your sneakers? Are you ready to up your commit to fit? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.