Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 16 – April 22, 2018):
Another decent week. I did really well five days, not as good two days. This lead to overeating on those two days, and no weight loss. I did hurt myself doing yoga (I think) and Saturday was in a lot of pain. But then it seemed to settle down, so I’ve been walking slower and watching to make sure I don’t get a serious injury.
I’ve started using a new app… HabitMinder, and I really like it. You can monitor up to three habits for free, and it’s $4 for unlimited habits. It’s Apple Watch compatible, which I like. Right now I’m using it to track my water intake. You can set reminders throughout the day to help and can easy add amounts to help track. I like that you can create and track almost any habit – like reading, being kind, squats, etc. It’s a cool app and I look to try out more things soon.
Monday: 60 minutes yoga + 30 elliptical walking, 8,541 steps/day
Tuesday: 52 minutes walking, 12,053 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: 36 minutes walking, 11,724 steps/day
Thursday: 60 minutes yoga + 32 minutes walking, 11,754 steps/day
Friday: 56 minutes walking, 12,451 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: 62 minutes walking, 13,586 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 45 minutes walking, 12,895 steps/day
Goals for April:
Did I meet my goals last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – FAIL (1,900 cal over)!
- Get in 6 5ks and 6 yoga classes for month – at least one per week – 11 5ks + 6 yoga
- No more than 2 alcoholic beverages per week-and only on one day – success
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
So are you ready to lace up your sneakers? Are you ready to up your commit to fit? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.