Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
NEW FOR 2019:
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I’ll continue to post my weekly check-in posts, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 31, 2018 – January 6, 2019):
Welcome 2019! Here we are… the start of a new year. I had a pretty good week last week. Although I was over my calorie allotment for the week, it only about 250 calories over for the week – the best it’s been since the beginning of December. And all of those extra calories came on Monday Dec. 31st – New Year Eve, when I attended a neighborhood party. My exercise it a bit more consistent now that the holidays are over, but I’m still not pushing myself to get in that one “extra day.”
Monday: no exercise, 7,009 steps/day; calories over
Tuesday: 50 minutes walking, 10,352 steps/day; calories over
Wednesday: 43 minutes walking, 10,320 steps/day; calories over
Thursday: 57 minutes yoga + 32 minutes walking, 9,520 steps/day; calories under
Friday: 43 minutes walking, 10,355/day; calories under
Saturday: no exercise, 5,803 steps/day; calories under
Sunday: 47 minutes walking, 11,097 steps/day; calories under
Goals for January:
CURRENT GOALS: Maintain weight, keep moving
Did I meet my goals last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 5/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over
- Get in yoga at least once per week – 1/1
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 6/7
- Walk 10,000 steps per day, 5 days per week – 4/6
- Reach out to help a fellow FitReader, at least once per week – yes! via Facebook