Romanceopoly is a romance reading challenge based on the game board Monopoly. It’s hosted by Under the Covers Book Blog and Peace Love Books. I’m using the challenge to help me stay focused on my backlist TBR, but if a new release fits a square I’ll read them for the challenge. I prefer to stick to my older titles, but we all get distracted by the shiny new books.
Books read for Romanceoploy so far:
- Women’s Ave: Women’s Fiction – Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren REVIEW
- Bus: Transport – Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely REVIEW
- Magic Row: Paranormal Romance – Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost REVIEW
- Alien Avenue – Dark Swan by Gena Showalter (Goodreads review)
- Library: Free choice – Playing for Keeps by Jill Shalvis REVIEW
- Kick-Ass Lane: Urban Fantasy with a picture of a kickass heroine on the cover – Nevermore by Dannika Dark REVIEW
- Library: Free choice – Stray Magic by Kelly Meding REVIEW
- Firestation – Consumed by You by Lauren Blakely REVIEW
- Mystery Challenge #1 . . . Fated Mates Romance – Shadow’s Seduction by Kresley Cole
- Erotic Eaves: Contemporary – Beyond Innocence by Kit Rocha REVIEW
- Subway Uptown: Chef/Foodie Romance – Gimme Some Sugar by Molly Harper
- Bad Boy Circus: Contemporary romance w/ bad boy hero or bad gal heroine – The Feel Good Factor by Lauren Blakely REVIEW
- Leather Lane: Urban Fantasy where the series is completed – Summoned to Thirteenth Grave by Darynda Jones – currently listening
- Faraway Land: Fantasy – Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep
Mystery Challenge #2 has been revealed.
READ A HISTORICAL ROMANCE WHERE THE HEROINE IS EITHER A WALLFLOWER OR A COURTESAN (OR BOTH!)
Here are the rules in order to mark this challenge complete on your board.
- Read your Wallflower/Courtesan book between May 1st and August 1st. Once you have read you can mark this challenge completed off your board.
- You do not need to land on the Mystery Challenge when you roll your dice. As this is a dated challenge pick up your book any time between May 1st and August 1st.
- Remember, if you read on or after August 2nd, this won’t count
- You are only required to read ONE (1) book for this challenge.
I am a newbie to historical romances so I need recommendations for this challenge. Please leave your recommendations in the comments.
This time post a picture of your all-time favorite cover(s). Whether it’s beautiful, or nostalgic or maybe ugly but adorable. All you need to do is take a picture and post it on social media (whichever your preferred platform is) with #romanceopolycoverlove. Once you’ve done that you can then complete the Cover Beans Coffee Shop challenge.
For the Cover Beans, you have from now until June 30, 2019 before the coffee shop closes and a new one opens up. There’s a chance to win in a fantastic giveaway.
Follow me on Instagram or stay tuned for more monthly recap posts to see how I’m doing with the reading challenge.
If you would like to learn more about the challenge and download the printables head over to Romanceopoly.com.