Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 22 – July 28, 2019):
I attended my first Romance Writers of America (RWA) national conference last week. It was in New York City, and I had a blast (my recap post is HERE). However, between the lack of exercise and the all-day socializing (eating/drinking), I gained about 5 pounds. This is on top of the 3 pounds I gained back a month ago when I went away for a wedding. My primary goal for August will be to watch my caloric intake more closely to try and lose some of this weight.
Goals for July:
My overall goals for July are maintaining my weight and to keep moving. I’m keeping my exercise and food goals the same as the previous months. My goal is to make good choices because summer is the toughest time for me in that regards.
Did I meet my goals last week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 1/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 1/5
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – WAY over (more than ever)
- Get in yoga at least once per week – 0/1
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Walk 10,000 steps per day, 5 days per week – 2/5
- Alcohol (2 servings per week) – many, many servings