Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 30 – January 5, 2020):
So it’s time to get serious, right? I had some great momentum before the holidays, and I need to get back to that place. I have been thoughtful about my goals: what works, what is obtainable, what is fluff, etc. I eliminated by daily step goal FOR NOW. I think it’s more important to get into a steady routine of exercise which includes more yoga, before I work on all the steps. I also am cutting back on my weekly alcohol intake – I’ve never been a big drinker, but those are calories I don’t need. As for eating – I am working on being mindful of what my body is telling me. I want to eat only if I’m hungry and not overeat.
Last week started in 2019, and those few days were filled with lots of extra calories (+2,419 cals). The remainder of the week was much better, still over the weekly calories, but only +323 cals. I was actually down 1.6 lbs from the previous week (which hit my high weight for the year). So I’m working on turning things around.
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for January:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move at least 10 minutes non-exercise days – 1/2
- Get in yoga 2 times per week – 1/2
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – no (+2,700)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 5/2 (3 from NYE)