Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 9 – March 15, 2020):
I started out with a good week, eating right and exercising. But as the week went on and the news of COVID-19 struck, with the news of closings, working from home, job losses, health concerns, etc., I felt a weight on my spirit. I indulged in some comfort eating and didn’t exercise as much. Now I look ahead at a minimum of three weeks working from home, kids at home, and the changes to our schedules, I need to stay healthy more than ever! How are you handling the COVID-19 impacts to your life?
Weight: I was down 0.2 lbs for the week; and only 0.6 over my pre-vacation weight. Overall I’m down 4.6 lbs for the year.
Felicia is hosting the Facebook Group this month, so pop on over and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for March:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move at least 10 minutes non-exercise days – 1/2
- Get in yoga 2 times per week – 2/2
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (1,300 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 6/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 0/2