Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 13 – April 19, 2020):
Week 5 of full COVID-19 distancing. While I’m mostly doing okay, I’m starting to have some emotional moments. Especially when it was made official that the kids won’t be returning to the classroom. I am sad for my kids (10th and 8th grade) and the things they are missing because of quarantine. I am very sad for the high school seniors and their families. It’s tough to deal with so many changes. I am in agreement with my state’s handling of the situation, but it doesn’t make it easier emotionally.
Unfortunately, I’ve regressed terribly in my eating habits. Instead of having 300-400 calorie breakfasts and lunches, I’ve bumped up to 500-700 calories per meal. I’ve also been having desserts more than once a day. And alcohol – more than 2/week. Which means, I’m way over in my calories everyday and gaining weight, even though I’m exercising.
Weight: I was up another 0.6 lbs for the week, with a three-week gain of 2.6 pounds. Overall I’m down 3.6 lbs for the year, which was were I was at back in February.
I am hosting the Facebook Group this month, so pop on over and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for April:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move at least 10 minutes non-exercise days – 1/2
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (3,760 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 4/2