Welcome to Romanceopoly 2020! I had so much fun with the challenge in 2019 that I decided to do it again this year. The hosts Under the Covers Book Blog and Peace Love Books have made changes to the board and challenges so make sure you get over the Romanceopoly site to see the rules.
One of the big changes is there are two packs of challenges titled Sun and Moon. My goal is to do both Sun and Moon to help clear my TBR. With 39 spaces x2 = 78 books, I’ll need to read. Instead of rolling dice or following the board square by square. I’ve written a few choices on each card and put them all in my old TBR jar and will draw from the jar.
Books read for Romanceopoly in April:
Links lead to reviews.
- BFF’S HOUSE – First Surrender by Katie Reus (☀️ – Friends to lovers romance)
- THE OFFICE – My Charming Rival by Lauren Blakely (🌙 – Couple meet at their place of work)
- SLEUTH STREET – The Squirrel on the Train by Kevin Hearne (🌙 – Read a mystery where the MC is an amateur sleuth)
- COFFEE SHOP – The Ingredients of You and Me by Nina Bocci (🌙 – book with either food or drink on the cover or a foodie word in the title)
- LIBRARY – Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb (🌙 – free choice)
- PASSION PLACE – Double Time by Olivia Cunning (🌙 – Erotic romance with a menage or reverse harem)
- EMERGENCY SERVICES – Rough Edge by C.D. Reiss (🌙 – Read a romance where the h/H is in the medical profession)
- DRIVE-IN MOVIE – Iron Crowne by C.D. Reiss (🌙 – Read a romance that develops from a ONS or a brief romantic tryst)
Round 1 of Romanceopolyathon will take place between April 27 and May 3. The readathon prompts can be used/combined so that you use one book for multiple prompts. But your choices also have to complete a board challenge (whichever you want, no need to roll or go in order unless you want to).
Date: April 27 – May 3, 2020
The prompts –
1 – Cover has the same color as the challenge square (if it’s a non-street or corner, pick black or white on the cover)
2 – Recommended to you
3 – Already on your bookshelf or TBR
4 – Debut or new to you author or series
5 – Longest title on your TBR
6 – Animal(s) on the cover
7 – Standalone
I’m not sure if I’ll do the Romanceopolyathon but I’ll try. I’ll let you know in my next update if I was able to pull any of the prompts off.