Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 4 – May 10, 2020):
Week 8 of full COVID-19 distancing. More of the same. I did well with my movement and exercise. I keep overeating. One thing that I’ve been forgetting is to do my “light movement” on the days I don’t workout. I don’t think it will make a huge difference, but at least it gets my heart pumping a little faster on the days I don’t walk. So this week, I want to make sure that if I don’t do a 30 minute walk, I move around my home for at least 15 minutes.
Weight: I think I’ve hit my “status quo” for the quarantine. I was down 0.6 lbs for the week, stabilizing a five-week gain. It’s not a “true loss” because I’m still overeating by many, many calories. I’m down 2.2 lbs for the year. I need to at least keep my weight stable and then work on better eating to lower it again.
I am hosting the Facebook Group this month, so pop on over and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for May:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move at least 10 minutes non-exercise days – 0/1
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (4,100 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 3/2