Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 11 – May 17, 2020):
Week 9 of full COVID-19 distancing. More of the same. I did well with my movement and exercise. I keep overeating BY A LOT. I can’t believe we’ve been under the quarantine guidelines for over two months. Our area is slowly testing the waters and re-opening things. Golf, salons, most parks opened at some capacity last week – although not all businesses chose to do so. My salon isn’t reopening until June (so I booked an appointment right away!). Our dentist and orthodontist also reopened last week. Restaurants can start offering 25% capacity outdoor seating on Monday May 18th – I doubt I’ll do that, but I have been getting take-out once per week.
Weight: I’m still at a “status quo” for the quarantine. I was up 1 lbs for the week, remaining roughly the same. I’m down 1.2 lbs for the year. I need to at least keep my weight stable and then work on better eating to lower it again.
I am hosting the Facebook Group this month, so pop on over and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for May:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move at least 10 minutes non-exercise days – 0/0
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (4,565 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 4/2