Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (August 3 – August 9, 2020):
The first full week of August with some slightly adjusted goals… I was successful at eating better (calories, nutrition) for three days!! But the other days, my eating (and drinking) habits were much like the week I was on vacation. Still, it’s a start. I kicked butt with my exercise – getting out every day, even when it was really hot. Although I didn’t really lose weight, I know I’m going in the right direction.
Weight: I was down 0.2 pounds from the previous week, still above my January 1 starting weight.
Goals: I did pretty well, except with drinking alcohol. It’s too easy to have a summer drink (wine spritzer, fruity shandy, frozen pina coladas) when chilling with friends in the summer heat. I need to limit the drinks to the weekend – maybe then I’ll do better!
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for August:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days – 3/2
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (2,006 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 10/2