Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (August 17 – August 23, 2020):
The week started great… and I even did a four mile hike on Friday – reaching 200% of my active calorie goal!! It was amazing and wore me out. But then I had three days of fun and parties. It was my wedding anniversary on Saturday – my husband and I went out to dinner followed by hanging out with friends on Friday, we attended a “graduation/off to college” get together for my neighbor on Saturday, and then my in-laws brought over lobster rolls and snacks Sunday. Lots of eating and a few drinks each evening made for many more calories consumed.
Weight: I gained back a pound. It feels like I can’t eat one extra calorie without it added weight, and the work to take it off isn’t proportional. *sigh* I’m back above my Jan. 1 starting weight.
Goals: On paper it looks okay, but…
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for August:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days – 3/2
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (2,643 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 8.5/2