Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 27 – August 2, 2020):
I was on vacation during the last week of July. Although I worked out (walked) almost every day, I ate and drank a LOT. I gained weight, and I am starting to feel the effects of the 2020 cumulative weight gain: clothes are very tight and energy levels are decreased.
Weight: I was up another 1.8 pounds from the previous week, which translates to roughly a gain of 2.5 to 3 pounds during vacation. I am above my January 1 starting weight now.
Goals: Didn’t do great last week – preparing for vacation and on the road all day Saturday.
Food: I’ll be changing my food goal, slightly… while overall I still need to hit my weekly caloric intake, I am going to chop it down and have a goal of being under my DAILY caloric intake maximum at least two days per week. I’ll start that this week and report on it next week. I am also going to remove my goal of tracking my calories – it’s not that I’m eliminating the goal, it’s just that I’m doing it every day, all the time, anyhow. I’ve tracked my food for over 2,400 days straight. It’s not really impacting my weight loss journey at this point. I will continue to do it, but I won’t report on it.
Exercise: I’ve also realized that I’m not doing the “move 10 minutes” on non-exercise days. It’s a great premise, but honestly, if I’m going to move 10 minutes, then I’ll do the whole 30 minutes. So I’m going to eliminate this goal.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 remain much the same as the past few months:
- To lose 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for July:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move at least 10 minutes non-exercise days – 0/2
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (7,440 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 16/2