Welcome to #FitReaders2020!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 26 – November 1, 2020):
Between Halloween, my BIL’s birthday, and a Mandalorian watch party, I ate a LOT this week. This was the worst week since the beginning of August when I was on vacation. Two times this week, I overate until I physically hurt. That is not good. I don’t like it, but I still do it.
Weight: Up 2.6 pounds.
Goals: I did well on my exercise goals, but not the calorie/food goals. I’m going to make a few changes for the rest of the year (see below).
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 are:
- To lose 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members.
Goals for October:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 4 days – 0/4
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (4,145 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 servings per week – 6/2
Next month… November Goals:
So I’ve realized that I am beating myself up trying to lose 10 pounds. I know I need to, but I am struggling with the effort it takes to completely curb my eating/drinking/calorie consumption. I’ve decided while I want to continue to work on eating better, I am not going to focus on losing those 10 pounds until after the holidays. It’s not a “free pass” to eat more, but mentally, I need to give myself a break. As for alcohol, I have a goal, but I disregard it all the time. I’m trying to think, would it be better to limit alcohol to the weekends only or something like that? – a time limit verse an amount limit. Maybe I’ll try Friday and Saturdays ONLY (plus Thanksgiving).