Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Happy New Year!
Last Week (December 21 – December 27, 2020):
Although it’s January 1st, this check-in is for the last full week of December, aka Christmas Holiday Week. I didn’t focus on counting calories (although I did record my food intake), and I didn’t exercise as much as normal. But that’s okay. I did get a new Withings Body+ scale (I asked for it!), so I’m excited to see how it goes in 2021. It connects to my phone and auto-records. It integrates with both my LoseIt and Apple Health apps.
Weight: I was up 2.6 pounds this week. Not surprising; I overate a LOT. I had a glass of wine or a bottle of beer almost every day. I snacked non-stop. I had huge breakfasts. I had desserts all day long. I am ending the year 1.8 pounds more than when I started. This is disappointing, but I will shake it off and keep at it.
Goals: As I mentioned above, I ate and drank a lot, pretty much ignoring my goals all together. I only exercised 4 days, and didn’t stick to my calorie intake at all. Not a good week for meeting my goals.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2020:
My overall goals for 2020 were:
lose 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weightMAINTAIN my current weight through healthy eating and exercise. This goal didn’t go well for me. I started the year off great – lost like 6 or 7 pounds, but then with COVID, I decided it was okay to eat more, do less. But then COVID kept going and I didn’t stop the overeating. I changed my goal to maintain that weight, but I ended the year at a higher weight than when I started.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I feel I was successful with this goal. Felicia and I ran the Facebook Group all year and I continued my check-in posts each week on my blog.
Goals for December:
How did I do this past week?
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week – 4/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days – 0/2
- Stick within my allotted calorie consumption each week – over (6,332 cals)
- Drink 48 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week – 7/7
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week – 6/2
Goals for 2021:
I start my “new” goals today and will report on them next week.
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up. I’m going to give myself January to look into options and try to add something new to my workouts by February.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January:
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week.
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week.
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days.
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week.
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week, for a total of 4 servings per week.
- Drink 52 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week.
These goals are pretty much what they have been, now I need to actually stick to them. My plan/goal is to be successful in January so that I can adjust them again in February.