Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 4 – January 10, 2021):
Kindness… I was kind to my body last week by making better food choices. There were a couple nights I would have poured a glass of wine, but I poured a cup of tea instead. I allowed myself desserts, in moderation. I’m pretty happy with how my first week of January went.
Weight: I was down 0.8 pounds last week. That is a solid first week of weight loss and I am good with it.
Goals: I met all of my goals last week. I felt good, too. I need to be better about logging water intake right away so I don’t forget. I was less than 700 calories over for the week, and only had one glass of wine all week (that was on January 6 – I’m sure you can guess why!).
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up. I’m going to give myself January to look into options and try to add something new to my workouts by February.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January:
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – good (+684)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1/2 (1)
- Drink 52 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7