Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 28, 2020 – January 3, 2021):
I’m recording this as the first week of 2021; however, over half of the week was in December. Also, I was still on vacation last week, so I knowingly did not work hard at meeting my goals. I did think about the food I was eating, and made better choices than the previous week, but I also admitted that I wasn’t going to stick to the daily goal limits or alcohol intake during vacation week. However, as I write this on Monday, I am mentally prepared to start the new week. As Felicia talked about in the Facebook group, I’m going to try to approach the year with the idea of kindness. I am going to be kind to myself, but not lazy.
Weight: I was down 2 pounds last week. basically I took off the 2 pounds I put on during the week of Christmas. I am within 0.2 pounds of my January 1, 2020 weight, so here we go again!
Goals: I’ve up’d my water intake for January by 4 ounces. I will try increasing it every month until my goal is at 64 oz. per day. I made the new goal every day but one last week, and that was technically in December! As I mentioned, I didn’t make my food/calorie goals, but the numbers were far better than the previous week.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up. I’m going to give myself January to look into options and try to add something new to my workouts by February.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January:
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – over (2,681)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3/2 (3)
- Drink 52 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 6/7
These goals are pretty much what they have been, now I need to actually stick to them. My plan/goal is to be successful in January so that I can adjust them again in February.