Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (February 1 – February 7, 2021):
I had a pretty good week. I did gain a little weight, but I think that is actually from the week prior when I didn’t meet my caloric intake goal. Hopefully I will see a loss next week.
I made some progress on my goal to find some yoga/strength training. I’m trying out the Apple Fitness+ program on a one-month free trial. I did a couple introductory yoga classes, a dance cardio workout, and a beginner High Impact Interval Training (HIIT) class. So far I like it, but I don’t like that I cannot cast the workout from my phone to the TV, so I’m stuck looking at my small phone screen. It’s fine for yoga, because I know the poses, but for the other two workouts, it was tough to see sometimes. It will work on the TV with the newest gen Apple TV, but those start at $150, and I don’t know if I want to invest in that (I have an ancient one and a Fire Stick). I’ll continue to try it this month and will report back.
Weight: I was up 0.4 pounds last week.
Goals: I did really well with my goals last week, so I’m thinking the weight gain came from the prior week. I’ll keep an eye on things and adjust the goals if necessary.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for February:
- Find an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program – completed for Feb.
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 4/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – good (+701)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2/2 (3)
- Drink 56 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7