Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (February 8 – February 14, 2021):
Last week was a mixed bag. I did great on exercise. I’ve been trying the Fitness+ app and mostly liking it. I did yoga and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) twice during the week and I feel it! I will continue to sample and try different workouts to see if it’s worth the cost ($9.99/mo). Since I’m not paying for yoga or a gym, it may be worth it.
Unfortunately, I didn’t do well on my eating. I baked my favorite cookies, bought my favorite scones, and then we had sweets in the house because of Valentine’s Day. I overate a lot. I got into that mindset of “if I eat it all now, it will be gone and out of the house faster.” But the problem was, I kept replacing the sweets as I ate them. I was over my caloric intake and up in weight.
Weight: I was up 0.3 pounds last week.
Goals: I did really well with all of my goals, except food/caloric intake. Without that piece, I won’t lose weight.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for February:
- Find an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program – completed for Feb.
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – nope (+1,850)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1/2 (2.5)
- Drink 56 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7