Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 25 – January 31, 2021):
The final week of January was pretty good overall. I did overeat – a new wings place opened up and we had lots of wings and fries on Friday, and we celebrated my SIL’s birthday and I had three beers on Sunday. I was over my weekly caloric intake target for the first time in January. I also was a bit slower on the exercise. It was below zero F with the wind chill for several days and I didn’t exert myself too much over the weekend.
Weight: I was down 0.5 pounds last week and I feel good about the loss. I lost a total of 3.2 pounds during January.
Goals: I met most of my goals last week and felt good. These goals seem to be working for me; however, I haven’t looked into yoga or stretching yet, so I need to get on that.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January (even though it’s February, this week is from January):
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – bad (+2,013)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1/2 (3)
- Drink 52 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7
Goals for February:
Since overall my goals worked in January – and I stuck to them – I am keeping them similar for February. Because I didn’t find a yoga program to start this month, it’s being added to my month goals. Also, I’m up’ing my water intake by 4 more ounces (now 56 oz). I’m keeping my caloric intake goal the same because I was mostly able to stick with it and it’s been working.
- Find an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week.
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week.
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days.
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week.
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week).
- Drink 56 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week.