Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (February 22 – February 28, 2021):
Last week was a wash… It was my 50th birthday on Saturday (Feb. 27th), and there were lots of celebrations that revolved around food and drink! I’m okay with that… but I know I need to button up for March.
Weight: I was up 0.6 pounds last week. Not bad for the amount of food and drink I consumed!
Goals: It was a mix. I did my workouts and drank my water, but was well over caloric and alcohol consumption. Also, I didn’t do any yoga, stretching, or strength-training.
Last Month (February):
Overall February wasn’t super great. I was up over a pound for the month. I did find and start some yoga and interval training, but that lasted only two weeks. I was successful with my water intake and did get in some good walks.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for February:
- Find an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program – completed for Feb. But didn’t do any this past week.
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – NOPE (+3,737)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2/2 (6)
- Drink 56 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7
Goals for March:
I need to stick with my caloric goals because they do work when I adhere to them, so I’m going to keep them the same for March. My goal will be to lower the total calories in April if I’m successful in March. I’m up’ing my water intake by 4 oz/daily. I’ll keep the other goals the same for March.
- Find an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week.
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week.
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days.
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week.
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week).
- Drink 60 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week.