Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 5 – April 11, 2021):
Another week with celebrations. It was my daughter’s 15th birthday on Thursday, and we had our first neighbor cookout on Saturday. I was doing well with my food intake, but then really overate on Saturday. I had 2.5 glasses of champaign and 2 servings of sangria over the course of 7 hours and was eating most of that time, too. It was a fun day, but I need to enjoy the neighbors and sunshine without all the drinks and food! I did use the Peloton app three days to do stretching/yoga, and I’m still loving it.
Weight: I was down 0.2 pounds last week. I was consistently lower than that all week, but as I mentioned, I had ate a lot on Saturday, so overall, I’m good with the small loss!
Goals: I did pretty good with the goals, other than overeating and such. I also missed my water intake on Saturday because I was drinking the alcohol. I need to do better there!
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for April:
- Use an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program consistently over the month. – yes! (3 times this week)
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – NO (+1,767)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – NO 1(4.5)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 6/7