Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 22 – March 28, 2021):
I had a pretty great week. First, I was able to celebrate some friends’ birthdays. I went out to dinner (in an outdoor pod for COVID safety) on Friday, and celebrated responsibly, meaning I didn’t stuff myself, but allowed myself to enjoy the food and drinks. I knew I’d be going out, so I made good choices the rest of the week. I was actually UNDER my caloric intake max for the first time in ??? Seriously, it’s been a while. I also got in some great walks and even did some yoga on Sunday (more on that below).
Weight: I was down 0.5 pounds last week.
Goals: I met all of my goals last week, including finding a new app to try for at-home yoga/stretching/strength training. I’m giving the Peloton app a one-month free trial. Both our own Felicia and my sister love the app. I am already liking it better than the Apple Fitness+ app. The biggest two reasons: 1) it allows for air play so I can cast the workouts on to my TV and don’t have to look at my phone screen and 2) the yoga workouts are much more diverse and have exactly what I want. The app has a tremendous library of workouts, from yoga, to HIIT, to outdoor walks and runs. The filter is fabulous for finding exactly what I want. I’ve only tried it once, but I was very happy with it. I’ll report more next week.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March:
- Find an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program – YES! Trying a new app
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 5/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – YES (-21)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2/2 (3)
- Drink 60 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7