Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 29 – April 4, 2021):
Last week wasn’t bad. I had some slips and dealt with both stress and celebration. I’ve been using the Peloton app for just over a week, and I LOVE it! Seriously. I’ve done 3 yoga classes, a couple stretching classes, and one outdoor walk, which was so much fun – she played all 80’s music and had me doing intervals and was super supportive. I love the apps filters, so I can pick type of class, difficulty levels, music type, length of class. And the instructors I’ve had so far have all be very good and encouraging. I plan to subscribe to the app once my free month ends.
Weight: I was down 0.1 pounds last week, which isn’t bad since I did eat a lot of desserts. I was down 2.7 pounds for the month of March, which I’m really happy with. I’m down a total of 4.3 pounds for the year!
Goals: Since last week was split between March and April, I stuck with March goals for the whole week. I’ve listed my April goals, which I’ll start April 5th, below. The April changes include: using my Peloton app for in-home yoga/strength training, consistently, I lowered the weekly caloric intake maximum, and I added 4 more ounces to my daily water goal.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March:
- Find an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program – YES! Using the Peloton app
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,500 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – YES (+830)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1/2 (1)
- Drink 60 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 6/7
Goals for April (Starting April 5):
- Use an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program consistently over the month
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week.
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week.
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days.
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week.
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week).
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week.