Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 26 – May 2, 2021):
I had a better week as far as goals go, but still overate. It was desserts this week. I got soft serve ice creams twice and had days with multiple sweets.
Weight: I was up 0.1 pounds last week, which isn’t a lot, but it’s the third week in a row I’m up. With all of the little weekly weight gains, I was up 0.9 pounds for the month of April. While it’s not much, it’s the wrong direction, and when I need to lose less than ten pounds, every one seems that much harder.
Goals: I stuck with my April goals for this week since five of the days were in April. I did well with everything except caloric intake.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for April:
- Use an in-home yoga program and/or stretching and strength training program consistently over the month. – yes! 2 classes
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – NO! (+1,442)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – yes 0(0)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7
Goals for May:
I started my May goals on May 3rd. Since I’ve found a yoga program, my new monthly goal is yoga and/or stretching classes twice per week. I’m keeping caloric intake the same in hopes that I’ll do better in May. I’m also keeping the water intake goal the same because I did struggle on a couple days getting it all in.
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week.
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week.
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week.
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days.
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week.
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week).
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week.