Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 31 – June 6, 2021):
I was on vacation with my daughter until mid-week. Although it was 90+ F here over the weekend, I spent 3.5 hours helping sort items for our church yard sale on Friday, over 4 hours doing yard work on Saturday, and finished up a backlog of blog work and hosted a Girl Scout cookout on Sunday.
Weight: I didn’t weigh in last week (vacation), so my two-week weight loss was 0.9 pounds. I am SUPER happy with that since I was on vacation for 6 of those 14 days. I was down roughly 0.8 pounds in May, which is about what I put on in April.
Goals: Eeep. Looking at all the red in my goal checklist, I didn’t have a great week. I didn’t do yoga because of traveling, and then it was just too hot in my house. I missed a day on my water intake, but seem to be doing better overall with that. I overate and had too many alcohol beverages, mostly on vacation, but also on the weekend when home. I did walk a lot and my weekly step count was up.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for June:
My goals work when I stick to them, so I’m keeping the same goals for June.
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. -6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – NO (+2,470)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – NO 3(6)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 6/7