Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (June 14 – June 20, 2021):
I had a pretty good week balancing food intake and fitness. I did eat a lot of junk food, and had several more alcoholic beverages than I should have, but I budgeted the calories, so I wasn’t way over on any given day.
Weight: I was down just a little (0.3 pounds), which is good.
Goals: I am really pleased with how last week went. I got in my yoga, which helps so much mentally and physically. I enjoyed several treats, but didn’t overeat badly. I even hit a two-year low for my weight mid-week, so I know things are working when I stick with it!
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for June:
My goals work when I stick to them, so I’m keeping the same goals for June.
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 2/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. -6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – yes! (+665)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – NO 5(7)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7