Review: Love for Beginners by Jill Shalvis

Posted June 3, 2021 by Jennifer in Contemporary Romance, Rating B, Reviews, Woman's Fiction Tags: , , ,

The Forever Girl
Author: Jill Shalvis
Rating: B

What I’m Talking About:

Another trip back to Wildstone in Jill Shavlis’s new release, Love for Beginners, brings a story of three main characters, Simon, Emma, and Alison.

Simon and Emma’s HEA is the main romantic focus but Alison also gets her second chance at a HEA.

Emma and Simon met about year ago after she woke up from a coma after being hit by a car when she stepped off a curb while on a run. The driver didn’t see the stop sign and Emma didn’t see the car until it was too late.

Simon has been Emma’s hardass physical therapist helping her on the road to physical rehab. The two have crazy chemistry but because he is her PT they have not acted on it, until now.

Alison is Simon’s cousin and has a past history with Emma from high school. They didn’t like each other, Emma not really knowing why Alison did some of the things she did to her back then, but eventually the reason comes to light as they learn to work through their past to become business partners and later friends.

Emma is about 90% recovered, she thinks the other 10% is physical but it really is emotional, and Simon backs off of their budding relationship because he thinks she’s not ready. They have issues past and present to work through to get to their HEA. In true Jill Shalvis form, Love for Beginners follows this small group through their inner discoveries with humor, heart, sassiness, and tons of love. Plus there are dogs involved, so there’s something for everyone: hot guys, strong, smart gals, and cute fur babies.

A trip to Wildstone is always satisfying, and I look forward to more stories. The Wildstone series can be read in any order because the only connection between books is the setting of the town. There’s no character or story crossover. So feel free to dive in with Love for Beginners.

My Rating: B, Liked It

About the Book:

New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis continues her Wildstone series with the moving story of a young woman who has to start her life—and her love life—over again.

When Emma Harris wakes up from a coma, she learns that her fiancé and her BFF have fallen in love, she’s lost her job, and the life she knew is gone. Overwhelmed but grateful to be alive, she decides to start over from scratch. Not as easy as it sounds, of course. But she’s never been a quitter, even if she wishes she could quit rehab, where her hot but evil physical therapist, Simon, puts her through the wringer.

Desperate for a new start, Emma opens a doggy day care. Unfortunately, the only space she can afford is owned by her childhood nemesis Ali Pratt. But hey, she’s been through worse, right? She tries to roll with the punches, but a friend drops his grandpa off at the doggy day care because he can’t find senior care. On top of that, she and Ali bring the term “frenemies” to a whole new level. And then another grandparent shows up. And another.

In the midst of all that, Emma realizes she’s accidentally fallen for her Evil PT. But the most horrifying thing of all is that Ali just might have turned into the best friend she’s ever had. And as Emma grows from the pain of her past and takes on her new path, she comes to learn that life isn’t what you’re given, it’s what you make of it.

Release Date: June 8, 2021
Publisher: William Morrow
Wildstone #7
Contemporary Romance, Women’s Fiction
 paperback (384 pages), e-book, audiobook
Book Source: Edelweiss

Reviews in the Series:
Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis (Wildstone #3)
Almost Just Friends by Jill Shalvis (Wilstone #4)
The Summer Deal by Jill Shalvis (Wildstone #5)
The Forever Girl by Jill Shalvis (Wildstone #6)

Purchase Info:
Amazon (affiliate link)